This week starts my weekly OB visits! We are getting nearer. We have the crib up. Sheets, bibs, burpie rags, and clothes 0-3 months are all washed and ready. No bags packed yet, but I have a mental list starting. Next week I tour the Family Maternity Center and will be able to start picturing where everything will happen!
Thursday, April 14, 2011
36 WEEKS
Yesterday, Wednesday, was the Group B Strep test at the doctor. It couldn't come soon enough. Monday evening I had the beginnings of a sinus infection. The pressure in the sinus cavity in my left cheek was increasing. Went to bed, but got up at 1:30 to go recline on the couch and try to sleep. It was tough. I called my OB Tuesday morning (which happens to be her day off) and they suggested I go see my Primary or wait to see her the next afternoon. I opted for the former. But, since I didn't have a PCP, I went to an Urgent Care clinic and sure enough, it was a sinus infection. RX: Amox 875 mg BID x 14 days. However, in bringing up my GBS test the next day, the N.P. suggested I call my OB to see if it's ok to start the Amoxicillin now, or wait until after the test. After a few phone messages back and forth, I was told I needed to wait. Ugghh. This was Tuesday at noon. I had 27 hours to wait. That night on the couch was even more miserable. I had started on Sudafed and Tylenol, but they only took the edge off the pain and pressure. I finally got my first antibiotic dose in at 3:15 Wednesday, about 42 hours after my symptoms started! That night was even worse than the night before. I was up almost every hour. I would get up and walk around, put a cold washcloth on my eyes, drink some water and use the bathroom. After Thursday morning's drug concoction (amox, apap, and pse) I actually felt better and that I could be productive that day. But early afternoon, the pressure came back. Thursday night I tried sleeping in the bed, with head elevated, and slept better than I had the last 3 nights, but come 6am, the pressure had returned. I believe the delay in treatment has made it harder to get back going again. It has been a busted week for getting stuff done before Cookie gets here. Hopefully next week will be better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment